Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Laura Bush is scary

I spent the evening watching an utterly bizarre dinner party on CPAC. I am the only woman in the world cursed with a man who would rather watch politicians purposely make asses of themselves rather than watch the hockey game. But... it was worth it, I guess. Who knew Stephen Harper could do such great impressions? I guess his complete lack of personality makes it easy for him to absorbs others' life forces.

The Press Gallery Dinner did, however, remind me about something I've been meaning to post about for the last few days. Laura Bush's crazy face. Seriously. When Prince Charles is the better looking one in the photo, it's a bad, bad thing. Camilla must feel like Catherine Zeta-Jones right now (as a side note: I think there's nothing wrong with Camilla. She's simply one of those people like Meryl Streep who looks better as she ages). I don't know what it is, and I don't want to cry face lift, but, seriously. She looks like she's going to crawl through my television screen and... do whatever it is that kid in The Ring did because I never saw that movie.

I want my mommy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

As a girl from the same town as Laura, I hate to say I agree with you, too scary! Loving your blog!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Thanks for the laugh. Thanks! I spilled coffee on my gemstones!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is absolutely frightening. i could feel my heart rise up to my throat... i was so nauseous!

2:48 PM  
Blogger greenlantern said...

yeah her face looks like
patrick swayze from
ghost

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

X-Act-Ly. As an homage to her phenomenal creepiness, I posted this piece of visual gold to the Flickr page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65085689@N00/4527173177/sizes/o/

It suddenly became so much more perfect when I ran into this article, believe it or not AFTER putting that up, which features a WONDERFUL quote- oh so spot on:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/15/us/laura-bush-sees-everything-in-its-place-including-herself.html?pagewanted=1

...Demure in public, Mrs. Bush is said by friends, both men and women, to possess a personal magnetism that she uses to get things done. They point to her flawless complexion (she wears drugstore Cover Girl), her deep blue eyes and her irresistible charm. Her eyes, a male friend said, ''They look at you and say: 'You must obey Laura Bush. You must obey Laura Bush.' ''

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home