Sunday, October 30, 2005

Stella McCartney

So does anyone else hate H&M right now? This is the most infuriating and awful flash site I've come across in awhile. It's irritating me.

I'm not very taken by the collection either. It's very eighties, and reminds me of the pain and suffering that was elementary school. The skinny jeans would never be a friend of mine, and the zippered hems remind me of when my older brother got his first after school job selling crappy jeans at Thrifties. I have seen a terrifying satin onesie (also: no. Thre are two articles of clothing that are allowed to be one piece: dresses and swimsuits. Nothing else.), and an embroidered sweater that I'm pretty sure my great aunt Josie gave me when I was seven. Some of the coats and sweaters for this collection are kind of cute, but their cuteness is in the fact that they epitomize generica.

I've never been much of a Stella McCartney fan, and considering that I could get nicer clothes for a comparable price at Tristan I don't see the bother.

Also, there is one H&M in Canada. It's in Toronto. So, you know, effort and all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are two H&Ms in canada, north york and toronto proper.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hm, Stella's stuff looks nice, but i don't like H&M because of all the lineups. Oh, and the fact that everyone downtown shops there and is wearing the exact same thing. It's too expected.

Like your blog - I've linked.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous X said...

Actually, there are quite a few H&Ms in Canada. Off the top of my head there is also one in Yorkville Mall and another in Promenade Mall which is in Vaughan.

Welcome to Toronto - from a U of T student.

12:09 AM  
Blogger butasong said...

There are probably more (I've only ever shopped at the one in Yorkdale, which mucst have been the first, because I remember inquiring if there were any others in the country and there being no others), but they're still not expanding into the west. And if they do, they'll probably skip Calgary and go straight for Vancouver.

We just got an American Apparel here, for the love of God.

11:39 AM  
Blogger butasong said...

Also: Yorkdale? I'm slipping. I called Rosedale Roseville the other day.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's another one at Bloor & Yonge. But somehow, the H&Ms in Europe are still better.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home