Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Baby did a bad bad thing

I, uh, I did some bad, bad things today. Or at least bad bad things when you consider that I am in no way the primary breadwinner of this household.

I guess it's a good thing I don't live alone. Because if given the choice between groceries and shoes and/or books, I would cheerfully subsist on ramen while admiring my feet/prose. It's just a tic.

Anyway. Today I took a trip to the utterly sublime Gravity Pope. I try not to go to Gravity Pope too often, because it is the siren song of shoe shops. Full of fun, funky, hard to find (in Canada, at least) shoes that are all exorbitantly priced for someone who still has student loan debts.

But I went. And I commited credit card sin. But, like most sin, it was so damn good.

Kowalski boots ($355 CND). They are... they are sublime. I have several skirts that will showcase them to their finest. I'm a little nervous about wearing them on ice, but I don't care too much. These are date boots, I will always have an arm to cling to.

Mosquito boots in lime ($355 CND). They are green! And they make me think of the Beatles! And they!!! Uh... I can't justify this. In any way at all. But I have at least two weeks until the credit card bill arrives. Then I will have to explain.

Camper "twin" ($167.99 sale price CND). They were on sale. And I've been eyeing them for quite awhile. They were actually the reason I ventured it. And escaped almost a month's worth of mortgage poorer.

But it's not like I spent both mortgage and condo fees. Right?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Hillary said...

Oh, my, Kelly, those are some damned fine boots. I can't blame you. If it makes you feel any better, I am still haunted by the memory of a pair of mid-calf green suede boots that I didn't buy two years ago. If I whisper my own version "Rosebud" on my deathbed, you'll know what I'm talking about....

3:34 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Beauuuuutiful shoes....

Oh my.

I'm so glad I'm broke right now... I'm banned from buying shoes. I went to Italy at the end of the summer and managed to return with 10 new pairs of shoes... bordering on shameful. But so beautiful!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do NOT recommend anyone shopping at this store. I recently purchased a pair of UGGs and after wearing them for an hour or so, I developed a bruise on my heel which I attributed to a defect in the boot. Surprisingly enough, the store refused to exchange them! Their Cobbler claims the boots are fine and will only exchange them for another pair if I pay a 20% restocking fee. They said UGG was very strict on return policies and offered me an insole instead. I am a retailer myself who happens to carry baby UGG boots & I have never had issues returning defective merchandise to any vendor. This is obviously a Gravity Pope tactic to avoid the hassles of an exchange. So please, BEWARE shoppers!!!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agh!! they opened one in vancouver...its so depressing to look at all those beautiful shoes i cant afford!!!!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home