Friday, July 22, 2005

Pants that fit

Okay. So. I know that they would eventually put me into a foul mood because everyone would assume that I'm a big Gwen Stefani fan, but I adore these trousers. I don't even wear trousers (which isn't supposed to sound suggestive, it's just that I am a skirt sort of girl) that often, and I'm coveting these like crazy. Maybe it's just that I never bought into the low-rise thing, simply because I have spent far too much time walking behind gaggles of teenage girls, all of whom are probably a size two, but still insist on squeezing their pert little bottoms into size zero, which creates a weird roll of back flab. I am anti-back flab, especially since it is so avoidable (namely: buy pants that fit).

Anyway.

I'm loving the cut of these pants. They're low-rise enough to not give that 1970s torso-gobbling feeling, but they also aren't the type of trousers that require pubic grooming or backless panties before venturing outside. They seem like they'd be hip-friendly. And I'm digging the nautical details. They're subtle enough that you could wear them to the office or dress them up with a cute top and heels and go out for a night on the town. And, considering the whole "it's superfreezing here!" aspect, these pants would look awesome with this navy blue trench coat I have that will serve me well come fall.

I'm just loving these pants guys. It feels a little weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger whitepoppy said...

ooohh they're divine - I'm digging those trews too! Shame Anthropolgie doesn't exist over here.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home