Monday, July 11, 2005

Jo Malone, Love of my life

I am a big ho for all things Jo Malone. Whenever I'm walking past Holt Renfrew, I found myself inexplicably drawn inside to poke and prod at their scents, to layer them on myself, and then to have a saleslady with stylish yet oddly matronly hair persuade me to buy another bottle of perfume or another tub of sinfully rich body cream. It's a sickness, I know.

Black Vetyver Cafe is my standby. It's a deep, rich, spicy scent that smells like warmth and sunshine during the winter months and smells crisp and fresh during the summer months. It's versatile and I love it. This is the scent I always wear on first dates, because it's so distinctive and so interesting.

While we're on the subject of Jo Malone, I'll also talk about Eucalyptus Oil Control Fluid. I was in Holts for a non-Jo Malone related reason (Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion, as used by Andy Warhol) and stopped by to spritz myself with Amber and Lavender and wonder why normal lavender scented products make me gag, but I love the Jo Malone when the saleslady noted my little bag of Kiehl's samples and asked what lines I used. I explained the intense oiliness brought on by the heat and humidity of the summer and the general grossness of living downtown. She clucked her tongue and gave me a lecture on the Eucalyptus Oil Control Fluid and so I bought it. Because I'm weak like that. I did, however, get a little cologne sampler, so that was nice.

Anyway, after that useless story, I just have to tell you: Oh my God. This stuff is beyond awesome. So awesome I needed bold. My skin is matte and clean and tingly and... sigh. If you're suffering from oily skin and Summer in the City Syndrome, I recommend it. It's like treating your face to a weekend at the cottage.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

This won't have effect in reality, that's exactly what I think.
search engine optimization companies | saliva drug test detection period | birth announcements

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home