Thursday, June 23, 2005

Natural Glow?

Okay, so I guess I'll have to start somewhere.

After reading about it on Lipstick is My Crack I decided to try Jergens Natural Glow Lotion for fair skin. I should point out that I am pasty, Casper-white, redhead-skin, glow-in-the-dark white. I am the type of person who has heard passing people on the street comment on the whiteness of my legs. And I have had very bad experiences with self tanners in the past. So in a last ditch effort, I decided to try the Jergens.

I'd assume that if you have, well, any pigment at all in your skin, it would probably look better on you than it did on me. I used it for three days and already had that weird orange Lindsay Lohan thing going on, so I've stopped and have spent the last three days being exceptionally vigourous with the loofah in the shower. It's still staining a bit around my knees, but I think it should be gone by Friday.

I guess I'm just doomed to a life of pasty legs.

In fairness, though, I could see how this would be a nice lotion for people with fair skin that is fair concealer fair (I have to use an illuminator, the fair concealer is too dark for me). It worked quickly, the self-tanner scent wasn't that godawful, and on a normal person it would probably provide a bit more subtle hue. If you're a redhead, just join me here in the corner, because I need someone to slap some SPF 60 on my back. But if you're blonde or brunette with fair skin, I think that it would look nice on you. And then you won't die of skin cancer, like my Maclean's this week promised me I would.

4 Comments:

Blogger Badger said...

Oh no! I'm sorry this didn't work for you. How did it look after only one application? Was it still orange? I only use it about twice a week now. It does get a bit too "fake tan" on me if I use it several days in a row.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought the Jergens Natural Glow because I thought it would make my skin shine with a glow, but I was wrong. It just turns your skin darker-Orange.At first, I thought it was because of the color I got. I got the one that was for darker skins and decided to buy the one for lighter skin, but still, they're all the same and the glowing lotion for the face turns your hands orange. I have light skin and you can visibly see the effects of the lotion by looking at my hands. My fingers are an orange color and you can see the "orange tan line" on my hands. I do not suggest this to anyone, unless they want to be orange. Good news, If you discontinue, then the orange color goes away, after a few days. I believe I am entitlted to a full refund.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous la pulga diva said...

just a note about jergen's natural glow - i do not have sensitive skin at all and try new beauty products all the time, including self tanners (love dove's!). BUT this week, jergen's body glow gave me a horrible rash on my legs. really horrible. i am so surprised and disgusted that i googled blogs that have posted on this product to leave comments...ick.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Harold said...

This can't have effect in reality, that's what I think.
Freeport homes

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home